So how about that dessert I mentioned yesterday?
One of my coworkers brought this for a celebration a few months ago. We all raved about it, and he laughed and told us how easy it had been to make.
Slightly adapted from All Recipes.
- 2 cans crescent roll dough
- 2 packages reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz can peaches
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat over to 350*. Spray a 9×13 pan.
- Press one can of crescent roll dough into the pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Spread over the crescent roll dough.
- Drain the peaches, cut into thinner slices, and pat dry. Layer them into the pan.
- Top loosely with the second can of crescent roll dough.
- Brush with the butter. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
In the photos, I had used a full stick of butter. It was overkill. With the change, it’s obviously still not health food, but it was great to take to a summer party.