OK. Let’s talk about this weekly goals thing. I love the idea I had about giving myself a fresh start, with a fresh list.
But every week? Seriously? I was barely able to reread my goals, let alone accomplish them.
I think this is a bigger issue I’ll be addressing. And I think it comes down to laziness / a constant desire to just relax and bum around.
So I will continue with the idea. With some May goals. I know. I don’t know how many times one person can flip flop. I’m clearly not good at monthly goals either. But at least I have longer to pretend like I’m getting stuff done. ;)
And I’ll hold on to that idea that each time, I can start with a fresh list, regardless of how much I really checked off the last one.
* Such a random photo. But there were too many words here. And I’m dreaming of vacations & E.P. & iced coffee.
1. Sleep more. I set this as one of my week goals last time, but I didn’t set any parameters. I think aiming for lights out by 10:45 PM is attainable. I usually get to bed around 11:00, but since I have been struggling with this, it’s more like 11:45 typically, which leads to not nearly enough sleep.
2. Drink more water. My diet has been suffering, and I think this is one simple, healthy choice that could make me feel a little better throughout the day.
3. Cook more at home. Just entirely too much eating out recently, and I don’t know quite where to start to feel healthier and better taken care of. I am officially a broken record. The goal: cook 5 dinners at home, and take some sort of lunch to work 3 times.
4. Commit to keeping a food journal. I made an adorable one that I have carried around every day. But there was a week where I avoided it entirely, even though it was sitting in my handbag. I am over my w.w. points plan each week. And it’s been making me feel frustrated, instead of being a reminder to focus on healthier decisions.
5. Clean the apartment. Another one of those weekly goals that wasn’t quite brought to reality. In light of yesterday’s small announcement, here are the first things I need to accomplish. I don’t think any of these tasks on their own are too intimidating, so I should be able to actually get through them.
✗ Sort through the rest of my clothes drawers (I already did the hanging clothes and one drawer) for things I don’t want.
✗ Finish cleaning out the pantry.
✗ Clear out my toiletries. A lot of things have been collected that do not have
✗ Organize my DVDs and my books.
And that’s that. I’m thinking I should print this out & hang it up. We’ll see. For now, I’m off to bed at 10:00 PM, with a melatonin capsule and some calm essential oil. I’ll take all the help I can get right now.
Linking up with: Melyssa & her weekly wishes. Monthly goals are like their sleepy older cousin.