so it looks like “five things” was all i was interested in writing this week. i think i have some other things ready to go after this.
1. after waiting approximately four years, i finally bought my first fossil bag. i am at once concerned it looks like the inside of a raincoat, and pretty smitten with it.
2. someone (who shall remain nameless) did not have time to have a coffee date with me this morning. it was inexcusable until i realized i got a second 1/2 cup to take with me to work.
3. i am thrilled to finally be moving out of the “mullet” stage of growing my hair out! delight. this also means i’m further away from the initial 12-year-old boy stage.
4. tonight, i took my first target trip in weeks. it cheers me up so much. i don’t even understand. and since it had been so long, i had a lot of miscellaneous things i’d been meaning to buy.
left // i read that they had wild-caught salmon, and i’ve been meaning to pick up a bag of fish for the freezer for healthy dinners. center // an egg white burrito: impulse buy. right // my hip has been making some uncomfortable noises going up the stairs, and my coworker teased me that i should start taking calcium. then i realized my intake has been really low some days recently. it can’t hurt!
left // i may have purchased not one, but two scarves. i have a little buyer’s remorse over the second, but this one is a keeper. right // my favorite coffee! i only had it once years ago, so hopefully it’s still worth the crazy price tag: starbucks tribute blend.
and some makeup purchases i am unreasonably excited about… left // burt’s bees almond hand cream. i had a list of slightly-greener products i wanted to try. i also bought “yes to tomatoes” makeup remover towelettes and “yes to carrots” shampoo. ;)
center // little orla kiely makeup bag!! i’ve hated every makeup bag i’ve bought recently, but this might be the one. i’m hoping to downsize my favorites so i can keep them in one place and also take them along in my handbag.
right // i tried this new maybelline elixir lip gloss a few weeks ago and immediately went back to buy a second shade. then i decided i desperately wanted to try something orange on my lips. this is mandarin rapture, and i think it’s pretty rad.
5. have you guys read about this story? this michigan state basketball player became close friends with an 8-year-old girl with nerve cancer.
i’m linking up with amanda at running with spoons for some thursday lists.