in honor of amanda‘s thinking out loud feature (tomorrow), here are five things about today.
1. i have not had hot water through an entire shower for a week. it took me two weeks to work up to calling the oil guy, and he had a technician to my apartment within 15 minutes turning gauges and fixing my life. this morning i almost burnt myself until i figured out where the knob belonged. but it was so good.
2. on my journey with my life’s menu, i decided rotisserie chicken sounded like the next great idea. i’ve been on a seafood kick recently, and have order chicken while eating out a few times. so a chicken at home that i don’t have to worry about cooking? sign me up. except. it looked too… real when i got it home. and i absolutely could not do it. pita sandwiches and healthy salads will simply have to wait until i can get some assistance. i feel like a hypocrite.
3. a crafty package i ordered arrived in the mail yesterday. it’s bright and shiny and gets all over everywhere. glitter. i thought i hated glitter until the exact moment i fell for it. it’s a lot like brussels sprouts in that way.
i see sparkly projects throughout my future. oh, and a lot of mod podge. i can’t believe i’ve been without it for this many years.
4. i have watched some version of twilight for the last three nights. that’s right. i’m that girl. i made my way through the first one, and just finished the third one. that one may be my favorite. i know. i really do. terribly written, miserable concept, blah blah blah. i swoon.
5. i’ve got apartment decorating on the brain. when i moved into this apartment (three years ago?!?), i sort of decorated it as if it were a dorm. i’m excited for classier things in my home life sometime soon. i already framed a couple of vacation photos, instead of leaving a ton of them taped all over. and i bought a decorative pillow, which felt like a bigger step than it sounds. now i’m thinking future color schemes… yellow and grey in the bedroom, red/orange/tan in the living room, blue in the kitchen? there’s so much inspiration online. i’ll have to work on this.