two recipes in two days… the blog may never live up to this again. however… i baked a second loaf on sunday. and as crazy as i get for chocolate, this one is honestly my favorite. it’s a spin off a recipe from veganomicon, and one similar to this.
- 3/4 c almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp brummel + brown spread (any butter should work)
- 1/4 cup splenda brown sugar blend (or 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1 1/2 c white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c oat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c fresh blueberries
- mix milk + vinegar and let sit while you get everything else ready.
- add applesauce, butter, and sugar, and mix well. add all dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated. fold in blueberries.
- spread in a greased loaf pan.
- bake at 350*F for 57 minutes (or until butter knife comes out mostly clean).
this bread is incredible. it tastes hearty, like it’s good for you. but it tastes good. it’s moist even though you can tell it’s got good grains in it. and the blueberries + purple bits are so soft and delicious.
i have been eating every slice warm with some sweetened plain greek yogurt. i’m sure warm with some butter would be great, too.
cut into nine slices, each slice has 150 calories. 3 g fat, 27 carbs, 4.8 g fiber, and 4 g protein. 4 points plus.