in 2012, i hoped to —
[bolded what i think can be “checked off.”]
watch movies. read books. stress less. do yoga. drink more wine. meditate, and remember that only a few things are really that important. appreciate something beautiful every day. stop feeling like my personal life is on a deadline. find a job i think i like. floss often. take great trips, far and near. cultivate a morning routine. give up guilt. be healthier. enjoy food more often. take photographs. be mindful.
in 2013, i resolve to —
- take photos every day. use my dslr. projects might include:
- 52 weeks of no color
- embrace the camera [a project to force us to get in *front* of the camera a little bit more]
- 30 day photo project [on gratitude, maybe]
- elliptical sessions, gym yoga, weights
- yoga studio class card [purchased in december!]
- work on a feel-good morning routine.
- dress better. [this blog and this blog might help. i’m decidedly clueless.]
- cook — simple delicious little meals. [lunch ideas here.]
- try to be mindful.
- feel awesome about myself as often as possible.
- eat fruits and vegetables.
- document the everyday with project life.
- enjoy every cup of coffee.
i’m good at making lists and coming up with abstract goals. but a lot of the time, that’s sort of where it ends. what do i really want to accomplish in 2013?
i’d like to take a ton of photos. not *more* than 2012, but a ton. i’d like to take some sort of photography class (fran?).
i want to be outside — in the sunshine — so much more. i didn’t do very good with that in 2012. in a park, or a cute town, or on the beach.
go on more small excursions. i rock at planning trips and vacations. but i’d like the in-between days to include much less zoning out on the couch and not quite knowing where the hours went.
2012 ended with a really cute little celebration at my brother steve’s new house. it was maybe 10 people, just family, but relaxed and happy.
[the game is called “hedbanz.”]
happy new year.