i was in meetings almost all day yesterday at work. one important one, others i didn’t really care about. i thought it was bad enough that i wouldn’t get a break until 2:00. and then that last meeting ran until 2:45. <3
i had to run home to grab the glasses i forgot. i can see fine, but i get bad headaches from focusing without them [silly astigmatism]. so i decided i could whip up something healthy + delicious. i made a “banana scramble” once, and it was about a year and a half ago. i remember because it was just before i met EP. and i know it’s a silly name, but it really is the perfect description.
- md banana
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- lots of cinnamon
- tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp organic unsweetened soy milk [any milk]
- multigrain english muffin
- 1.5 tbsp justin’s maple almond butter
to do list
- combine everything but muffin + butter. mash up with a fork. milk quantity is forgiving, just make sure it’s thick and gloppy. [it would be delicious with 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, but it was plenty sweet.]
- cook in a small greased pan over medium. i scrambled it + flipped it like scrambled eggs. it will start to brown + be delicious like banana dessert.
- toast an english muffin, and top each half with nut butter. divide the banana scramble on top for an open-faced sandwich.
i sprawled out on the couch with an episode of gilmore girls while i ate my [very late] lunch. then a had a few chocolates. and it almost took more willpower than i had to go back to work.
and now the week is over! this morning started out with a cup of espresso [turned into a soy milk latte]. the day will be spent with a friend, watching episodes of madmen, going to the movies, and eating indian food. ok by me.