this is the 100th post on verbs and vignettes! it’s taken a little while, because i’m working on not setting too many deadlines for myself and only doing things because i really enjoy doing them.
i woke up this morning with a suntan on my shoulders, my hair smelling like that great mix of hair gel and pool. i went swimming last night like i haven’t done in ten years. melissa came over with two sets of goggles, and it made all the difference in the world – bobbing around and getting bored in 5 minutes, to swimming around like a fish. i can’t believe i forgot how much fun i used to have. i was in the pool for 6 hours every day down the shore when i was little. and i think it’s just as fun now. she showed me how to do a real swimming stroke, and i showed her how to do tumbles. then i got cocky and did 5 in a row, and remembered all too well how many nights i went to bed with waterlogged ears.
LIFE UPDATES after the last 100 posts
* i was a little hormonally unbalanced for a few months, and while i’m not completely even yet, i am on my way.
* EP and i are going strong, 15 months in. :-) i tend to be slightly bad at relationships, but he does a good job of pulling me back when i’m overreacting or over-analyzing or feeling a little crazy.
* i’m struggling with healthy eating. it’s never an easy game for me, but it’s been a particularly trying 2012 so far. i love eating good, healthy foods that are good to my body, but i also have a history of binge eating, and just unhealthy foods/quantities in general. i’m trying. i’m trying. and that’s all any of us can do. but i’m feeling frustrated, and trying hard to not feel defeated.
* the plan:
1.) wake up and go for a little walk. it wouldn’t be a lot of exercise, but it would be a really positive, refreshing way to start the day.
2.) journal. it’s is as good for me as it was for 14-year-old me. really cheap therapy that helps stop my mind from spinning and sometimes helps me get to the real problem when i can’t find it on my own.
3.) make a forgiving meal plan that is easier to follow. i either have no idea what i’m eating day-to-day, or create a plan so structured, there’s no room for anything that might come up. i’m going to be all about the middle ground.
4.) experiment with sugar-free and vegan for a few days. i don’t plan on adopting either of these plans, but i think giving them a go (sugar-free for the second time – i did it for about 3 weeks last year!) could make me more mindful. i have been having waaaaay too many sugary treats throughout the day, basically every day. and i am really passionate about cheese + ice cream + etc. i’d like to just remember to start appreciating + enjoying them more.
* i want to keep trying to manage my free time. i don’t think i have to be a perfectionist about it. i can be casual but still mindful. when i’ve zoned out and am relaxing, i’m not even enjoying it. and i hate the feeling of losing hours.
* i just joined goodreads, after hearing a few people talking about their recent books. it’s a really well-designed site, and i like that it can point me to new favorites + help me organize all of my “to-read”s.
* i want to start working on my 101 list. i’ve been updating + revising off and on, but i haven’t really worked on any that take thought or effort so far. i did get a massage in mexico, and i plan to try for watching the sunrise on the beach later this month when i stay with my parents at the shore. but i want to start picking off some that i think i could do sooner and later.
so that’s that. lots of rambling about what i’ve been thinking about most recently.
it’s been a pretty fun 100 posts so far. ::cheers:: to the next 100.