yesterday was a baking day. one that started after i slept for 10 hours saturday night!!! (i haven’t slept well in a week.) i based my recipe off this link, from Cooking Light… September 2003. ;-) i am really on top of things.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- ¾ cup light vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Cream sugar and butter in a bowl until well blended (i have created a punk kitchen, and went at this with a wooden spoon. it turned out great! but it would have been faster with an electric beater.)
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; mix well.
- Add into flour mixture; stir just until moist. Add chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into 12 cooking-sprayed muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until a butter knife into the middle comes out clean. I like to err with underbaked and moist instead of overbaked and miserable.
- Cool for a few minutes, transfer to a wire rack, or a plate (since I obviously don’t have one of those), or directly into your mouth. Butter on top optional. But delicious.
i discovered while tasting entenmann’s banana cake last week that EP hates banana bread with nuts in it. ok. i can compromise. who could hate chocolate chip banana muffins?? (i don’t want to know. but the two of us are certainly none of those people.) i left a few with him at work today, and got really happy text messages during both his morning and afternoon snacks. :-)