Reverb10 was led last year by Gwen Bell, Kaileen Elise, and Cali Harris, to celebrate life and mourn losses. I answered about 5 prompts. This year, I’m creating my own Reverb11. It is a month-long challenge, to blog every day of December, reflect on 2011, and think about 2012. Feel free to answer my prompts or share your own.
Today’s prompt – RITUAL: What habits did you acquire/change/transform or stop this year? Anything you’re aiming for next year?
– – – –
i’ve heard it takes 21 days to make a habit. by those standards, i’m not sure any of these were actually full-fledged habits. but they’re things i at least began to incorporate… and i would like to aim for them in 2012.
- mornings of sipping coffee and reading blogs. i love the coziness of sitting down and reading about my favorite online people. (this photo was THE morning i was able to do this in the past few months, and i still remember that morning. haha.)
- meditating. this one, i let slip. i planned out a 40-day stretch when i started, so that it might become a real habit. but i let it go. i questioned what i was really gaining from the time i spent repeating a mantra, and from just sitting… and then i realized how much better it made me, and had already lost the practice. overall, i loved it, and want to incorporate it a lot more in 2012.
- yoga. all of my rituals seem pretty hippie-esque. but really, what other kinds of rituals would i like?
- i would like to figure out a happier morning ritual, on the sad days i can’t wake up whenever i want and lay around with a mug of coffee… which is almost every day. i usually stay in bed through at least several hits of the snooze button, run around like a maniac, grab whatever food i see, and run for my car 4 minutes later than i should have.
- on these mornings, i would like to wake up happier (after sleeping longer?), journal, set some intentions for the day, pour coffee at home, and possibily connect through commenting or twitter.
i first started thinking about revising my morning plans when i read a booklet of morning traditions of some awesome women. this is actually were i first discovered gwen bell, too… so it hilariously all stems from this.