i’d like to pose an introduction. i’m three days and two prompts late, but that’s pretty good for me.
gwen bell started a reverb of sorts in 2009. in 2010, it was created as “reverb10” with kaileen elise and cali harris. kaileen offers some awesome prompts for this year.
since gwen is no longer writing to a public blog daily, i’d like to share her offerings about reverb. i give her full credit, and since reverb is all about getting together and encouraging others, i’m hoping she won’t mind me using her words here.
gwen, kaileen, and cali teamed up last year and launched reverb10. it ran from december 1-31, 2010. it grew in one year, from just over one thousand participants to more than six thousand. “we celebrated life, and mourned losses, together.”
“though i’ve decided not to host reverb, i’d love to share how i, and then we, did it. so you can do it yourself if you wish.” i’d like to pass it along to people reading here, in case you haven’t discovered the amazing gwen bell just yet.
- Write 31 prompts for the month of December (it took me two hours to write them the first year – you can do it).
- Post those prompts to your blog starting December 1.
- Invite other people to join you.
- Let other members of the project see/friend/read one another.
- Publish on the topic each day. Post the link (we shortened ours with bit.ly to share on social services) and use a hash tag to group them all (#reverb11 is a good one).
- Support one another through sharing, and commenting on, one another’s writing. This is a critical ingredient, and is the one pillar that shaped Reverb above all others.
reverb11 is really anything you want to make of it. kaileen last year came to 21 posts to the topics. if you miss a day, forgive yourself. if you can’t think of a prompt, write on someone else’s. i love that it can be a solid block of writing throughout the month, or completely freeform. for me, i think it’s all about acknowledging the good and the bad from 2011, and thinking about what you’d like for 2012. and it’s definitely about sharing. if you have the time, take a look at a few others involved.
i hope you join in, and leave me a comment if you want to share!