happy thanksgiving! in honor of the holiday, i’d like to share my first recipe here, which has nothing at all to do with thanksgiving, but was my first soup of the season, so at least it has to do with fall.
adapted from eat me delicious
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 4 c vegetable stock + 1 c water
- in a pot, heat olive oil and garlic over low-medium heat for a few minutes.
- add everything else, bring to a boil, and simmer over medium for about 30 minutes.
- (you could use an immersion blender for a few seconds, or) if you’re using a wooden spoon, smash the vegetables against the pot so they break up a bit.
i hope you have an awesome start to your holiday season. i will be curled up with a coffee and a leisurely morning, then out for a 2:30 PM dinner, and then to mom and dad’s for dessert (or side dishes, so i don’t miss out on the ones i love from my mama). tomorrow will be even more fun–it’s christmas tree day!